Saturday, April 17, 2010

Snapshots of our lives Jan-April 2010

Following pics will give you an idea of what we've been up to these first months of 2010, my how time flies!
 

We are back in Florida! This time the weather has really been great and we're back into the swing of biking and more biking. I'm not running much because of a leg injury and not swimming much because of a shoulder injury..such is the life of the triathlete sometimes. I just did a little too much a little too soon after a longer than usual time off. Fortunately, with patience and a lot of physical therapy, daily exercises and ice, I should be back in the swing of things soon.

Here's Mike before a recent 60 mile ride ... our longest to date this season.  It was a perfect day for riding..a bit of cloud cover, but boy was it windy!

Suncoast Sunshine Bridge, on our way home from our bike ride...suspension bridge, very impressiveMore beauty on the beachI'm always happiest on a beach somewhere...notice the tape on my shoulder..put on by the massage therapist to aide in my recoveryIsn't this beautiful?  Our very own private beach Here's Mike just a week into our Florida vacation: brown already, and looking good!
Enjoying one of our favorite places: rooftop bar at Billy's...great place to enjoy the sunset and meet friendly locals and tourists.Before going to Florida, I just had to visit Pj in LA..here he is reading a very big book..he's into the legendary adventure books after reading all the Harry Potter books.


Growing up into a very nice young man...makes Granny proud
Here's Pj  singing away at his very impressive school production "Suessology" ..the kids were on the stage for most of 2 1/2 hours, singing and dancing over 30 numbers!  He did great, and loved every minute..it took months of rehearsal to pull this off.Peek-a-boo hello around the corner of the stage!
Posted by Picasa
What's this? I signed us up to volunteer at a championship swim meet . We were helping out in the hospitality room the race director was asking for a much needed volunteer to do the timing..guess who ended up being an official timer at his very first swim meet ever! These kids are FAST!Baby shower for my swim coach...these are the great gals I swim with 3 times a week
Coach Stephanie...she's having a girl, can you tell?  Her two other kids are boys, age 8 and 12..this kid was one big surprise, especailly at 42 years old!





One day, for something different to do, we went to watch the Rat City Rollers do their thing...Roller Derby!  Whoo hoo!  I can see myself doing this, however, my body can't take it at this stage in life.

View of Lake Chelan from our condo in late February...always a nice quiet break.  
                                                 Another shot of the view from the condo
Let's not forget St Patty's Day!



                                                                Until next time, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. PJ looks so grown up. I havn't seen him since our xmas at Eagle crest. He is very handsome.

    Roller derby is big in Bend. There are several teams/leagues. I havn't been to see any matches yet.

    I recognize the deck at Billy's. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete