Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kitchen Reveal


Well, we are finally done with our kitchen. How do you like it? We are very happy with the final results. The big projects were completed within a two week period, but the small finishing touches seemed to take forever. Mike worked everyday to get it done.
We are now looking for a small table for two for our family room alcove. It's so much more intimate this way. We found we want to eat at the table rather in front of the tv as we used to. An excellent change indeed!
We also changed the furniture around and brought up the flat screen tv from the downstairs bedroom...soooo much better this way. I have to give Mike all the credit. He had it all in his mind's eye and I decided since he was getting such good results I had better just step aside and watch it happen.


I will take credit, however, for my superior shopping skills..I found the great pictures to go on the walls in the kitchen. We had a bit of a discussion about the accent color, but I think we picked well going with the yellow.

I suppose I should update the progress of my training. I wonder if it isn't just a bit boring for all of you, but here it goes: I completed the previously mentioned longest bike ride. It turned out to be 120 miles because Amy and I got a bit lost. 3 miles doesn't sound like much more, but when you've been out there on your bike for over 9 hours..well, you get the picture! My longest run to date is a 17 mile run/walk that took 3:30. I was so so sore for several days afterwards. It's very slow, but that's all I need to do IM day...keep moving forward for 17 hours! My last long training day will be this weekend. It will be what they call in tri-terms, "a brick" in which you do two disciplines back to back. I'll be doing a bike of about 80 miles followed by a 10-12 mile run. After this weekend, I'll be tapering, meaning I won't do much more than an hour of training a day. It will give my poor aching body a chance to rest up for the big day!

4 comments:

  1. I really like your kitchen redo. You both took a lot of thought with color & the furniture placement. I now know where you put at least a couple of Mom's painting too! The granite is very nice with the wood & I like the warm yellow on the wall.

    You've really progressed well with your training, soreness notwithstanding (like that word? :). You've worked hard over the last few years to get to this level so good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support and encouragement. BTW, I thought of the yellow in your house and it gave me the idea to try it in our kitchen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mom!

    Where are you.. is the kitchen done? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah... This is from Tahani!
    **** :-D

    ReplyDelete