I promised Pj I would update my blog and so today is the day!
The summer is over and we are well into September..they say as you get older, time seems to go by faster. It's at lightning speed for me, I can tell you that much!
There is so much to catch up on, I decided to write several 'chapters' of my blog. I also decided to change the 'google permissions' so that everyone can read my posts without having to sign in since there are those of you who either don't want to register with google or don't know how. If people read this, then I am more likely to write..so here it goes:
Why, you ask, do I have pictures of our kitchen posted? Would you believe we are FINALLY making some changes. It's not like us, as you know. We are not the sort that fuss over the house, but the kitchen was looking so bad, it was high time to do something. We chuckled because our friends John and MaryAnne spent $ 250K to remodel their condo and had to move out for 3 months. The result was amazing, but we just can't justify all that fuss and expense! We'd rather travel, spend money on bikes and such! We started by having people over to look into replacing the cabinets, which turned out to be quite costly not to mention the inconvenience of living without a kitchen for weeks on end. We finally decided to stay with our original cabinets, which are not in bad shape. We simply had a crew come in for several days to sand them down and refinish them. We then changed out the hardware. We really like the result and are so happy we didn't go the other route! Other changes include: an open box to finish off the space above the refrigerator, replacement of the old garbage disposal with a cabinet, update lighting and countertop and finally, resurfacing the parquet floor. Oh yes, and let's not forget tearing out the 70's tile throughout. We are still in the process, so stay tuned for pictures when it's all done!
I've always liked your real wood cabinets & the layout of your kitchen so it's good you didn't spend all that money on new ones. I like the new hardware too. When's the countertop coming? Post it soon so I can see it, ok?
ReplyDeleteYeah, a comment! We're getting the new countertop today. I can hardly remember what we picked out so I hope we still like it. It's hard to know when you have to pick from a small square sample. Stay tuned!
ReplyDeletecool i really don't know what to say
ReplyDeleteThanks for looking anyway, Peej. We're excited that the kitchen is going to look new and shiny.
ReplyDelete