I DID IT! I finally got myself into Speedy Reedy, the local triathlon shop, determined to figure out this bike thing. Fortunately, they had several bikes for me to try out and I instantly fell in love with the Cervelo PC2, a very fine bike indeed. For me it's as exciting as getting a new car is for many. I topped off the purchase by buying new shoes and pedals. The shoes lock into the pedals firmly, not easily taken out. I often wonder why they call them 'clipless pedals'. I am a bit apprehensive using them, but as you know by now I like being just a little bit scared most of the time!
Mike went to Chelan last week on his own. I had a need to be alone in the house for awhile. After 3 days, I missed Mike and secretly hoped he would come home early after his Wednesday ski day at Steven's. But, no, he stuck it out until the end of the week. LOL Our reunion was sweet. As a matter of fact we've been hanging around each other the last couple of days like two kids. As they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder!

Magda is doing well. She recently found out she got a job in Roach Harbor in the San Juans starting June 1st. Remember I said I didn't think she would last in Seattle long? Well, she decided to go back to Thailand until June, handing in her resignation at Salish today. Why not? She loves Thailand, has many freinds there, loves to go diving and the cost of living is economical to say the least.
How's Pj you ask? It's been two weeks to the day that he moved to LA with Eric and Lauren. Here we are at the Globetrotters show just before he left. I miss him terribly already! It's been a challenge for them so far. Eric and Lauren were elated that they found an apartment the first couple of days only to find out that the landlord flaked out and didn't rent it to them last minute. So they are still looking. Eric said the public schools in LA are horrid and he refuses to put Pj in an unsafe environment (scary). So he's been looking at private schools with no luck yet. There are long waiting lists and so far all are filled to capacity for the coming school year.
your blog is AWESOME!!! i'm sorry i don't get to post more! i love and miss you we found a place and april 1st we will be living there! hope your having fun
ReplyDeleteHi Pj
ReplyDeleteGreat hearing your voice tonight! I'll bet you can't wait to get into your own place at last.
Love and lots of kisses,
your one and only Granny M