I picked up Mike from the hospital this morning. His mini pacemaker surgery has been completed with success. It's all very interesting. Apparently he now has to take it easy a couple of weeks so that the 'leads' which transmit the electrical impulses from the pacemaker (a small device about the size of a half dollar surgically imbedded under the skin below his colar bone) will 'set', meaning the heart tissue actually grows around the ends of the leads which holds them in place. Amazing! He is in good spirits and looking forward to the future of running, hiking, skiing, biking, ie being Mike once again!
I feel like a pin cushion these days. Yesterday I had my own very mini surgery to remove basal cell cancer from my leg. I was surprised that it took a good 6-7 stitches to close up the area. It's rather sore today, but I still couldn't resist riding a short hour on my bike. I'll have another one removed from my leg in a couple of weeks. Today after picking up Mike, I went into Coll's office to have dental work done on my gums. The work isn't so bad, but getting novacaine is no fun. I have one more appointment to go tomorrow to finish off the procedure. Oh well, I think of it as maintenance..nothing too serious, just annoying.
A footnote from my last blog: Magda has decided going to Thailand again is a bit extreme, so she's decided to go to Florida to visit Laila, my sister ( a nice place to stay). Tahani will be going as well. Being the mom, I never quite know all the details, but they are meeting up with one another. Tahani will be attending a music conference in Miami, while Magda has plans to go diving in the Keys and perhaps Honduras.
As you can see I am playing around with the blog colors, set up, etc. Please bear with me. I obviously have not mastered all the functions as yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment