
Mike's ride when I have the car..the Jolly Trolley...takes you everywhere on the beach for only 85 cents.

View of the pool on Clearwater Bay where we've been staying. So very peaceful, so beautiful.



We are winding down our trip. In one more week we will be flying home to Seattle facing those rainy, coldish days. Whatever the weather, it will be nice to be home again. It's about time to be where we need to be. We are looking forward to seeing the Paynes who will be visiting the USA for several months. There will surely be several family getherings where everyone will want to hear about their experience in Nigeria first hand. Magda and Tahani have been in Egypt visiting our dear cousins for the last month. They are due to come home in a few days, however, according to Facebook rumors Tahani is visiting a friend in Italy while Magda hopes to travel to Greece before returning home. Only Laila is coming straight back to the USA. When I ask Tahani what she thinks of the country of her heritage she simply says "Egypt is amazing". It warms my heart, for Egypt reminds me of my parents and my loving Aunties, all gone now.
We've had a wonderful time here in Clearwater. As anywhere you go, it's the people that make it special. I have had the pleasure of reuniting with many of my old running friends, many of whom have turned into triathletes. They were my kind of people 20 years ago and they are still my kind of people today!
Here is the crowd from left to right: Christine, Lenore, me, and Molly. We have just finished yet another ride of many on the Suncoast Trail.

Mike joined us for the rides and keeps insisting he's not serious a cyclist even though he's riding 60, 70 miles. So, what's serious?!

We ran a 5K in Dunedin-The Hog Hustle. We aren't fast enough to win age group awards anymore, but it's still fun to participate. Secretly, I stategized how I might come in first next time rather than 4th.

Another night we went to dinner with Bernie and her husband Mike at a really nice waterfront restaurant called the Salt Rock Grill, naturally ordering seafood which was freshly caught.


Yet another amazing Florida sunset.

Here, Maggie and I are at the Rays game at the Trop. Actually, Mike and I have become fans because it seems we are here everytime they are doing well. This year they are first in the country..would be fun if they made it to the World Series.

We also went to Dunedin for Cinqo de Mayo, what a bash that turned out to be..quite a large street party. No, I'm not drinking a beer, just holding Mike's as he takes the picture!

At the Palm Pavilion, our favorite spot on the beach.
It seems like you've been having a good time in Clearwater & that your training has been going pretty well. Catching up with old friends who have something in common is always rewarding.
ReplyDelete