Thursday, June 25, 2009

June Happenings





Where do I begin? In a word, June has been 'busy'. Just about when we got settled after returning from Florida, Pj arrived from LA. He spent several days in CleElum at Lauren's family reunion, then came to our house. Next day, Aziza arrived with her new puppy "Magic Jack". They will be leaving June 29th...practically a whole month at Granny's! It's been hectic at times, but also lots of fun to have them here.
On the social scene, Mike decided to have a BBQ at our house, inviting all our friends from the old running days. We asked that everyone bring old pictures, T-shirts, medals, etc. To our surprise, just about everyone showed up. Mike fussed around for the entire week, and I know the man well enough now to just stay out of the way. It so happened to be my 61st birthday..has a year passed already since my 60th party? Amazing.
The following weekend we went to Nick and Becca's wedding...see Facebook for pics...It was a very charming wedding I thought..young, attractive couple with the wedding at a beautiful chapel. Afterwards, the reception was outdoors at a grand estate with beautiful views. The day was perfect. You could see they were just made for each other! Of course, Jack and Colleen were beaming.
Yet another weekend we did the "Father's Day at the cabin" tradition. I brought along Pj and his friend Logan who literally spent 2 days outdoors, sleeping in a tent on the deck.
In between these happenings I continue to get my training in. I found a group to ride with one weekend and we did 78 miles, then I had to run 20 minutes. Painful, YES! This coming weekend I am planning to ride 95-100 miles for my last long ride before STP. Let's not forget the run afterwards, this time 25 min. I take each step as it comes, surprising myself that I can do what I'm doing.

4 comments:

  1. cool i am really sorry about the melt down my mom had




    peeeej

    ReplyDelete
  2. pj its not your fault. poor kid.

    mom has a gift for giving advice when it isn't asked for. ANYWAY all in the past. no sweat.

    remember the good times. magic jack, pj's baseball games, driving in the jalopy car my friend lent me, the sunny sunny days.....

    x.o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see no pix of me huh, fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just didn't happen to take any this time

    ReplyDelete