Mike and I went to the electrophysiologist yesterday to find out what options he has regarding is A Fib condition. We liked the doc; he was conservative yet realistic. The doc determined that Mike is in A Fib most of the time! I was so glad I went so I could understand the best options of treatment. I was relieved to understand that this is a manageable condition. I hope, as Mike hopes, whatever treatment will get him back to feeling more himself.
The doctor said he can continue to run moderately until the treatment is in place. Indeed, he's leaving as I write to run an easy 5 miler before going to Camano to do an open house. Hopefully he'll get some results.
This morning I am looking forward to picking up Magda from the airport. She's coming home from Thailand. It's such a long trip so I know she'll just want to flop into bed to sleep it off. She rather amazes me though because she seems to bounce back fairly quickly. It took me 2 weeks to finally adjust when I made the trip.
I've been spending as much time as possible with Pj. They are leaving Feb 21st. I still can't quite grasp the fact that I won't be able to drive to Bellevue to see him. I am steadfast in my determination to make the effort to seeing him in LA even though I don't much like to get out of my training routine. There's going to be a going away party for him next week. His buddies are going to miss him and he them. I wonder what will be in store for him in LA...In Pj's words: "I try and look at the positive". He is wise for one so young....
I have court duty next week so my training will have to be done very early or later in the day. It's going to be a challenge, but I can handle it. After all, it's as if I have a job like so many other triathletes.
Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and it looks like we'll be watching with our friends John and Eileen at Michael's house (John's son who lives in Shoreline). I'm anxious to try out a recipe called White Bean Chicken Chili. It's healthy and lo cal, and John can eat it (had to give up beef once diagnosed with cancer). Actually it's a good idea for all of us to eat it!
My next triathlon project is to find a tri bike. I have been wanting to get one for a year now. It's not easy for me because I don't understand all the components and factors in picking out a bike. It's important that it fits me properly so I am looking around the shops waiting for different brands to come in so I can try them. Fortunately, my coach has been giving me some tips. It's an expensive proposition: a modest tri bike costs $ 3,000 and with the upgrade of a power tap (a device that measures power output) will run in the $ 4,500 range. Mike is looking at new shoes and clips to put on his road bike (at last). So, I am hoping he will get more involved when I have to ride 75-100 miles in training this summer! It'll be good for him...with this heart thing, riding a bike is more sensible and he's anxious to 'keep up' with his 'triathlete wife' as he said to the doctor. We are good for each other for sure...pushing each other to keep on moving!
I suppose I should mention the mile earthquake we felt yesterday at 4:45 am. It was something like a magnitude of 4.6. We both woke up thinking that an animal ran across the bottom of the bed, shaking it! Then Mike said "Must be an earthquake." and we then promptly fell asleep!
That's all for the week. As you can tell, not much happening here as opposed to what Kim and Gary and kids are experiencing. I was up all night 'worried' for them; hoping that life isn't too hard over there and that they are happy with their decision. When I told Mike he said "They are strong enough." I had to agree, although I'm not sure it will stop the worrying!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update! You both are dealing with a lot of things right now. I will keep you in my prayers. Love, Kim
ReplyDelete